We feel like experimenting, and it turns out good!
Here is a simple recipe to try with Masama’s robusta coffee beans! Our partner, Mika, has the perfect coffee beans quality. Caramelized onions go perfectly with the earthy, bitter taste of Mika’s bean and create a well-balanced jam that you might want to try…!
I personally love it on ciabatta fresh bread, or coffee cherry flour tortillas, so delicious!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh brewed coffee from our partner Mika (Robusta coffee beans)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
1. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the peeled onions and salt. Then, stir frequently.
3. Continue cooking until the onions are tender, translucent, and brown. This process takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Deglaze the pan with freshly brewed robusta coffee and rice vinegar.
5. Add brown sugar and stir.
6. Decrease the heat to low.
7. Cover and gently simmer until the jam is sticky, fragrant, and dark brown. This takes about 30 to 40 minutes.
8. Let cool completely before using